Persons who wish to immigrate to Oman from Russia require a visa to enter the country.
Russians can apply for an electronic visa for short-term stays in the country, or they can visit an Omani embassy or consulate in their country in order to apply for a visa that allows them to remain in Oman for long-term purposes.
Because Russian nationals require a visa to remain in the Sultanate of Oman for more than 14 days, in order to move to Oman from Russia they will need to make timely arrangements for their prolonged stay.
Our lawyers in Oman can assist you if you wish to apply for one of the available types of visas.
Read below to find out more about the visa types and their duration, as well as the general application process required for immigration to Oman.
We recommend that those who wish to immigrate to Oman from Russia start this process early on, in order to allow for plenty of time to gather the documents and have their application processed by the Omani authorities.
Table of Contents
Russians who relocate to Oman from Russia and do so for long-term purposes will need a proper permit that allows them to remain in the Sultanate for more than 14 days.
While multiple-entry visas can be suitable in some cases, such as short business trips, in order to immigrate to Oman from Russia, the Russian citizen will need to apply for a visa that will allow for a specific, long-term purpose of stay.
The following types of visas are available:
- Resident unsponsored visa: property owner visa which grants residency to the foreign owner of a housing unit, as approved by the Omani authorities;
- Resident sponsored visa: employment, student, family reunification visa, employment visa with endorsee, housemaid visa, investor visa, and visas for the family members of those who have certain categories of visas;
- Visit unsponsored visa: diplomat visa, a multi-entry visa, tourist visit visa, GCC citizen companion visa, truck driver visa;
- Visit sponsored visa: business visa for a professional sponsored by a local sponsor, short-term work visa, tourist visa, visa for artists, family visit, emergency situations, scientific research and other short-term purposes.
The following visa fees can be expected when submitting a visa application:
- 50.000 Omani rials for the 25D multi-entry visit visa;
- 20.000 Omani rials for the 26B tourist visit visa;
- 50.000 Omani rials for the 36B multi-entry visit visa for 1 year.
Please keep in mind that the fees above were in force at the time this article was published and that they can be subject to change. Our immigration lawyers in Oman can give you updated information as needed.
For ongoing assistance during visa applications please reach out to our lawyers in Oman.
Immigrate to Oman from Russia for company formation
A common reason for investors to relocate to Oman from Russia has to do with company formation.
Entrepreneurs who wish to open a company in Oman can relocate here in order to run their business.
The multi-entry visa that is valid for 6 months is commonly used by Russian citizens who wish to do business in Oman. This visa can be the first step for those interested in immigration to Oman.
Our team of lawyers in Oman lists the investor’s visa subcategories, which can be applied for by business people who wish to immigrate to Oman from Russia:
- 1-year investor visa;
- 2-year investor visa;
- 1-year investor visa when working with a local sponsor and investing in an economic-free zone;
- 2-year investor visa when working with a local sponsor and investing in an economic-free zone;
- 5-year investor visa;
- 10-year investor visa.
Our lawyers can give you information about each of these types of visas if the purpose for which you wish to immigrate to Oman from Russia is related to investment.
Our team also assists investors who wish to open a branch in Oman and require assistance.
If you want to move to Oman from Russia, our team can advise and provide local assistance.
Contact our immigration lawyers in Oman if you have questions about the relocation process, visas, or other important matters once you arrive in the country.